MBI–Michigan - History
In 1925, Detroit Bible Institute opened its doors. It reorganized in 1945 to offer a three-year diploma. In 1954, it offered the Bachelor of Theology degree. The school changed its name to the Detroit Bible College in 1960 and later to William Tyndale College. The Continuing Education Wing has always been a part of the College, serving churches in the greater metropolitan Detroit area throughout its entire history.
In December 2004, William Tyndale College closed. The following year, the Michigan Theological Seminary Board of Directors approved the continuation of the Tyndale Bible Institute under the new name, Michigan Theological Institute.
In January 2010, Michigan Theological Seminary merged with Moody Theological Seminary & Graduate School, to become Moody Theological Seminary–Michigan. A few months later, Michigan Theological Institute became Moody Bible Institute–Michigan Regional Classrooms.
Under its various names, the Institute has provided training to over 350 Continuing Education students. Enrollment now averages 100 students per semester.