Is MTS a Dispensational Seminary?
Historically Moody Bible Institute and Moody Theological Seminary have maintained the position, which has identified it as a Dispensational Seminary supporting Biblical Inerrancy. While the Seminary’s particular definitions are important to its position, it is readily recognized that they do not define orthodoxy for the whole body of Christ.
MTS gladly embraces all who faithfully adhere to the essentials of biblical Christianity as fellow believers and colleagues in Christ’s cause. The Seminary accepts students from other theological traditions within conservative evangelicalism. To be admitted and to graduate from the Seminary, students must personally adhere to and support the following doctrinal positions:
- The inspiration, authority and inerrancy of Scripture
- The Trinity
- The full deity and full humanity of Christ
- The creation of the human race in the image of God
- The spiritual lostness of the human race
- The substitutionary atonement and bodily resurrection of Christ
- Salvation by grace through faith alone in Christ alone
- The physical and imminent return of Christ
- The eternal reward of the righteous and the eternal judgment of the lost